Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Day 93

Got woken up around four because everyone came barging in the flat and my room is closest to the door and the phone. I heard door slamming, phone ringing, music going all night. Needless to say, I was up by nine and everyone was in the kitchen. I planned on having cereal, but people were everywhere and all the decks were sprawled over the counter so I decided against that. For the first time in my life I ate out in public by myself. It was not so bad because I was the only person in the place and the TV was on, but I hope to never do that again. After breakfast, I headed over to the library to work on my paper. I spent about two hours there until I started fall asleep at the computer. I knew I needed sleep so I walked back to my room hoping that every was gone. I listened for the music to still be going in the kitchen, but there was silence and I took advantage of that. I hopped in my bed and took a cheeky two hour nap. It was glorious. I woke up feeling so much better and ready to work. After that I sat at my computer and was in the zone for the rest of the day. Of course I took some breaks in between for food, laundry, tea and blowing my nose, but other than that I got most of my first essay done.
So, I am ill once again with a sore throat and stuffy nose. I feel like I am always sick here. And I am apparently in love with tea. I never drank tea at home and today I had about five cups. Who knew. After getting most of my essay done, I showered, had some dinner, chatted with my mom, hung out with my mates in the kitchen for a bit and then headed off to bed. Hopefully tonight I will have an uninterrupted sleep.

No comments: