Sunday, April 11, 2010

Day 80


Everyone had class today at 11:30. After everyone left I had some cereal and began searching for classes I wanted to take for next semester. While doing that my stomach was killing me. I figured I just had to go to the bathroom and then I would feel better, but that was not the case. The pain in my stomach just increased. I didn’t feel myself and was in so much pain. I tried to make myself vomit because that was the feeling I felt and I knew that if I got sick I would feel better, but that was unsuccessful, so I went downstairs to lay on the couch hoping that it would help the pain. It helped a little bit, but I still felt horrible. I wound up falling asleep for a bit and I hoped that it would pass when I woke up, but boy was I wrong. My stomach was making all kinds of noises and I felt just horrible and I knew I was going to be sick. I grabbed a bowl and headed upstairs to the bathroom. Needless to say I basically died in Emily’s bathroom. I had like waterfall diarrhea and I was vomiting in the bowl at the same time. I have people say that this has happened to them, but I just didn’t think that it was possible, but unfortunately I found out for myself. The worst part was that no one was in the cottage and there was no one to get in touch with Emily due to the fact that I still had no minutes on my phone. So, there I was in Emily’s bathroom pooping and vomiting my brains out for about twenty minutes. I had no idea what caused this to come about, but I do know that it was the worst feeling. After it passed I did feel better.
I was supposed to meet Emily in town for lunch, but that was not happening. I sent a message via Facebook to one of the girls she was in class explaining the situation and she thankfully passed it on to Emily. After everything I lay on the couch and just watched some TV. About a half hour later Emily walked in the door with a sandwich for herself and I. I explained what happened and was not sure if I would be able to eat the sandwich, but I was thankful she got me one. I ate half of the sandwich and saved the other half for later. It was quite delicious. Emily had to go back to class in an hour and when she was leaving I walked into town with her as I figured the fresh air would be good for me. Of course it was a nice day out and I spent most of it in Emily’s bathroom. Anyway, I walked around town for a bit, bought myself a ring and a mug and then headed back to the cottage. Everyone arrived back about a half hour after me. I showered and then began packing up my stuff for the trip back to Leeds. After getting my things together we had some dinner and then hung around with everyone before we departed for the airport. At around 10:30 taxi John arrived and we departed for the airport. Night or day it doesn’t matter because John still drives really fast. I learned that the reflectors in the road mean something in Ireland. Since they don’t have many streetlights when you see green reflectors on the left that means there is road coming up on the left and I believe there is red on the right side. I found that interesting.  About two hours later we arrived at Cork airport and when we walked in we saw a crowd of people who began clapping. We had no idea why they were clapping and began joking that they were clapping because we had arrived. Ha-ha. Turns out a sports team just arrived home and seemed to have won a championship or something and the parents were clapping for them. We then found a comfy spot to sleep for a bit before our flights.

No comments: