Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Day 75

Steph and I woke up around noon and then got ready. We watched some TV, had some tea, ate some lunch and then got ready to go. I thanked her dad for having me and told Steph to thank her mom for me as she was out at the store. It was very nice of them to have me there and I was so glad that I got a little taste of family and home, as it is so different back in my flat.
We walked over to the bus station and then once in town Steph walked me over to the train station. Once the train arrived I said bye to Steph and then got on the train back to Leeds. This train arrived faster than the one I took to York because it was an express and didn't stop at all the local stops. Of course it was raining when I arrived back in Leeds, what else is new. By the time I got back to my flat, I was soaking wet. No one was home, so I unpacked and got ready to shower. There was only scolding hot water coming out of the shower, even when I turned it all the way on cold. So, I went downstairs to the twin’s room with all of my stuffing hoping they were there so I could use their shower. I had no more minutes on my phone so I was unable to text them to see if they were there. Lucky, they were! I told them all about my trip to York and my shower dilemma and they said no problem. I took a nice warm shower and then headed back up to my room to eat some dinner and pack for my trip to Ireland! I tried to put more minutes on my phone, but of course it didn’t go through and said there was a security hold on my card yet again. This always tends to happen right when I am going to travel somewhere. I wanted to see if my mom's card would work, so I had Erin call my house to tell my mom to go on Skype before I went to bed. I had no other way of contacting her so I told Erin to do it. Haha. My mom got on Skype and gave me all the info, but it was a failure. Oh well, at this point there is nothing I could do, but hope for the best when I tried again before I left tomorrow morning.
I planned on calling a taxi in the morning to take me to the airport, but then I had to rethink that because if I could not get minutes on my phone I would have to take the bus, so I had to be prepared to wake up earlier to be ready to take the bus if I could not get minutes. 

No comments: