Sunday, April 11, 2010

Day 81


We got about three hours of sleep. We got up at four as Emily, Laura and Tavi had their flight at 6:10 to Amsterdam. They tried to get me to go with them and I really wish I planned to go with them. I mean, I am going to Amsterdam in a couple of weeks and I was not sure how I was going to get along with Emily’s mates so I just figured I would save it and go with Brian, but I would of not minded going twice. We would have had so much fun together in Amsterdam. Oh well.
The three of them checked in and then we chatted for an hour and then they left to go through security and such. There was glass that separated the people who had gone through security and those who had not. I sat in that area and waited for them to come around. Once, they got to the point that I could see them I waved and watched them walk over to their gate. After that I had some toast, checked in and then went through security. Once by my gate, I waited about an hour and then we began boarding the flight. Of course I walked right on and did not have to put my carry on in that thing to see if it fits.  My flight departed at 8:10 and was only about an hour. Of course I slept the whole way as I only had three hours of sleep in me. The landing was fine this time, but my ears were so popped and bothersome for about three hours after landing.
I planned on spending some time in Camden as my train was not until 1:30, but little did I know that the bus ride from the airport to Camden was an hour and forty minutes. Needless to say, I only got to spend about an hour in Camden and that is obviously not close to enough time. I did buy a shirt for myself while I was there though, so it was not a total loss. At around 12:40 I headed over to Kings Cross Station to catch my train back to Leeds. The train ride was about three hours, but I slept for most of it. I arrived back in Leeds about fourish. On my walk back to my flat I found five pounds on the floor. Apparently, I got a welcome to Ireland and a welcome back to Leeds present. Ha-ha. I really never find money so this was a shocker to me as well.
Once back in my room, I unpacked, did laundry, showered and then walked to Tesco to get some things for dinner. I had dinner with Brain and the twins, as we have all not seen each other in a couple of days. We had mashed potatoes, chicken, string beans and some bread. During dinner my eyes were bothering me and I was seeing almost like through a blur. I had no idea what was wrong, but my eyes were red and producing lots of gook. Anyway, after dinner I headed up to my room to finish my laundry and head to bed. My eyes felt worse and it was really annoying and bothersome. I was planning on just waiting to see if it got better by tomorrow, but since it just seemed to get worse I decided to go to the doctor the next day. 

No comments: