Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Day 72

Woke up today around eleven and then met up with the Marieta to go to the gym. I ran another three miles. Once again, I am proud of myself. After the gym we went into town so that I could get a school sweatshirt and so Marieta could put more minutes on her phone. After that we walked home. I took a shower and then headed downstairs for some lunch.
While we were out it was not raining but once we back eating lunch it began to down pour. There was even some thunder. After we finished lunch we chatted for a bit. We talked about coloring eggs. When Valentina said something about boiling eggs, I thought she said something about pole dancing. Certain things they say with their accent I hear something else. It was quite funny because we were talking about coloring eggs and then I hear something about pole dancing, but she just said boil eggs. Haha The twins said either Thursday or Saturday, but I am not going to be around either night, so I said why not Friday. Apparently since it is Good Friday the twins said that it is a sin to do anything on that day. I mean they can do homework and stuff like that, but they are not allowed to clean or do laundry or stuff like that on Good Friday. So I guess I will color eggs with Emily.
The twins also told me about this game that they play on Easter Sunday. After you find your egg, everyone holds their egg in their hang and then you go around to each person and try to crack the others person egg. If their egg gets a crack in it and yours does not then your egg gains one year. Whoever has the most years at the end wins. I never heard that before and thought that it was an interesting tradition.
After we chatted I went back upstairs and was going to get some work done, but instead I decided to watch a movie. While the movie was loading I took a half hour nap and then once I was up I watched the movie. Today it was the movie, Fame. It was kind of like a little dance/musical movie. I enjoyed it. I planned on starting my work once the movie was over, but I heard everyone hanging out in Luke's room, so after I ate a little something I went in to hang out with all of them. More people were coming and there was not enough room in Luke's room so we moved over to Tom's flat and just hung around and drank a bit. When I got tired I headed home for bed. Luke and Tina were actually heading back the same time I was so we went back over together. I chatted with mom on skype and then got some sleep.
At around 4:30am I got up to go to the bathroom and while I was just about to close the bathroom door I heard the flat door unlock and someone was coming so I waited to see who it was. It was Luke and I sacred the crap out of him. He was not expecting to see me up at that exact moment and when he did he jumped and was all out of breathe. It was actually really quite funny. Apparently Luke couldn't sleep so he went back over to hang out with everyone. I didn't mean to scare him, I just wanted to see who was coming in.

No comments: