Monday, March 1, 2010

Day 41

My wake up call was around noon today when my mates arrived home from the house party. Yes, they were out all night. I got up and went into Luke's room to hang out with them. After about an hour I went back to my room to do some homework. After I finished that I got a shower in and then met up with Brian to go to a rugby game. We rod a double decker bus to the game. We sat up top of course. It was quite an entertaining ride since all the Leeds Rhinos fans were on the bus drinking.
This game was the Gillette World Club Challenge against Leeds Rhinos and Australia Kangaroos. The tickets were forty pounds, but we got them complimentary due to the guy Joe that took us. I did not really know any of the rules, but after while of watching I started to get the gist of the game. We had really good seats which was awesome. the only downfall was that it started to rain, but thankfully we were under an overhang. It was freezing though.
The game was really close the whole time. There was even a fight in the middle of the field at one point. Rugby is a really intense game. In the last three minutes of the game the Kangaroos scored and we lost 18 to 10. It would have been great to see Leeds win the World Club Challenge on their home turf. Oh well. The international Australian students who study here at Leeds were very pleased at the outcome of the game though. After the game ended Brian and myself headed back home and then I headed to bed.

No comments: