Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Day 16


Today was another pretty lazy day. Slept in, showered, did some things on the computer and then went into to town with Emily and Brian. Of course by the time we were going in to town it was snowing, just our luck. On our way I stopped by the post office to mail something and then we headed into Morrisons to get food for dinner. We wound up having salad, pizza, and curly fries, or as they say it here chips. Actually they call curly fries curly fries and the regular French fries chips. On the walk back it was very snowy. I actually almost fell twice because it was very slippery to walk in.
Dinner was good. Had plenty of leftovers, so I will be eating that tomorrow. While we were eating an ambulance pulled up outside because one of the girls upstairs from Emily was pretty sick and they took her to the hospital. Emily said she would be ok. When the ambulance backs up though it says, “Stand well clear. Vehicle is reversing.” I found that interesting that it actually states then when it backs up instead of beeping like at home.
I actually learned a couple of new things today. You usually don’t tell a girl she looks cute. Apparently you just say she looks nice, because you use the word cute when describing a boy to one of your friends. And when you think a guy looks good you should say you look fit. And in the sink they have these buckets that go in the sinks, washing up bowl, and that is how you wash the dishes. You fill up the bucket, let the dishes soak, wash and dry. I really don’t like the bucket in the sink so when I do dishes I just take it out.
After dinner, the three of us watched the movie Forgetting Sarah Marshall and made paper chains to decorate Emilys kitchen. I finished my whole thing and Emily was still cutting the pieces. She did have more paper than I did though. That was fun.
Now I am back in my room and getting ready for bed. It’s about 12:40. I did some things for my class tomorrow at 10 and chatted with some friends on Facebook. I plan to go to the bank tomorrow to try and get everything straightened out since I have to use my card to book some traveling events. I hope everything works out tomorrow.

No comments: