Wednesday, June 16, 2010

DaY 132


I woke up around nine this morning feeling very well rested. It felt so good to finally sleep in my own bed! My family was coming over for a BBQ today so I was just going to hang around the house for most of the day. I helped my mom with preparing things in the kitchen. Aunt Maria, Uncle Mike, and Richie were the first to arrive. Well actually, Grandma and Grandpa were, but I they were at my house yesterday and spent the night. Then Aunt Louisa, Uncle Ed, and Corrine came. It was really nice to see everyone. Of course everyone wanted to hear stories about my time. I wound up telling the same stories over and over again, but I don’t mind telling them at all. Another popular question that everyone loves to ask me is always about the guys. Everyone always seems to be interested to know if I have met an English boy. I love seeing their faces when my response is no. It makes me laugh.  After dinner I had a missed call from Dawn. I went inside, sat on the couch and called her back. After I got off, I lie down and fell asleep for about a half hour. Obviously that was jet lag at its best. I woke up around 9:30pm and then got ready to head over to Dana’s house as she was throwing a party for Memorial Day weekend. By the time I got there everyone was wasted. I finally got to see Dawn and the rest of the gang. I spent some time over there and then I headed home around 12:30. When I got home, my mom and brother were still up, as they were waiting for my luggage. The guy called earlier that day saying that it would arrive between 11 and 1. I woke up the next morning to find my luggage in the hallway, which I was so excited about, but I later found out that it did not arrive until 5 in the morning. Luckily Keith heard the doorbell and got it. Talk about not delivering in the time frame you originally said. After I ate breakfast, I started unpacking my luggage. I was excited to give everyone their gifts. I opened the second front pouch, but there was nothing in it. I was pretty sure that I packed things in there, but I figured I had mistaken myself. After everything was unpacked and scattered around my room I realized that I didn’t have everything. Turns out I was missing two pairs of shoes. I knew I packed something in that front pouch! Now, I am just ticked off because the one pair were a nice pair of heels that the twins bought for me from Bulgaria and the other pair were the heels that I bought for Kim. I was so excited to show of my shoes and give Kim hers and now I couldn’t. The thing that bothered me the most was that I knew that I was not going to be able tot get them back. I spent half my morning on the phone with representatives and on the computer. Now I had to print out a form, fill it out and then fax/mail it over to the airline. I will get reimbursed for the shoes, but I don’t know how much, as that is there decision based on my filed report. Needless to say I have been home for about two and a half weeks and I have not heard anything back yet. Besides the shoes missing everything else was there and everyone loved their gifts. 

No comments: