Saturday, May 1, 2010

Day 101

The foam party was AWESOME! I have never been to one and I have always wanted to go. I am so glad I did because it was so much fun. There was foam every where and everyone was soaking wet. It was a blast! Before I headed to bed I skyped with my friend from school.
I slept until about two as I didn't get to sleep until five. I needed to catch up on some sleep anyway. After I got up I got dressed and began to make my way into town as today was Brian's birthday and I had to pick up stuff to make a cake. It was already late and then started to rain so I just went to the little convenient store Tesco to pick up what I needed. When I got back I went straight to Valentina's to start making the cake. Now at Tescos there was no cake mix in a box so I had to get the flour and everything and we had to make it from scratch. Now I don't mind doing that, but it was already three and we had dinner reservations at 6:30 and I still had to shower and stuff. Anyway, we began to make the cake, which was quite hard to do as the measuring system here is completely different than at home and we didn't have a measure cup. So, we looked a recipe up on line and basically guesstimated the whole thing. We had no idea how much of what was supposed to go in so we were just putting a little of this and a little of that. Once, the batter was done it seemed right and tasted pretty good. So we poured the cake in the pan and stuck it in the oven. Then I get a call from Brian because he wanted to get a beer at the Eldon since it was his birthday. Now is was around four and I still had not showered, but I could not deny him this because it was his birthday. So, a bunch of us went to the Eldon and had a beer. Brian left around five to go skype with his family and I didn't leave that much after him. Before I went to shower I stopped at Valentina's to check out the cake. It was done and was not looking to great. There were all these cracks in the top and it just looked ugly. I poured the vanilla icing on top hoping that it would cover it up and make it look pretty. but nothing. This chocolate cake was hopeless.
I ran upstairs to hurry up and shower. I took a quick shower and then got dressed, did my hair and all that jazz. I then hurried downstairs as Brian and Valentina were waiting to call the taxi. Of course it was raining out, otherwise we would have walked to the place. We got in the taxi and headed off to dinner as everyone else was setting up Brian's kitchen for when we got back. He knew there was going to be a party in there so it was not a surprise.
At dinner it was just Brian, Valentina and myself as Marieta had to go be trained for a possible job. It would have been nice for her to have been there with us, but we knew that she needed to go to see if she could get the job. Either way dinner was delicious and it was nice to actually go out to an actual restaurant. Once, we finished dinner we headed back to Brian's flat and got the party started. No one was there yet, but people began to arrive.
The kitchen was decorated with happy birthday signs and balloons. It came out nice. I stuck the cake and the card that everyone had to sign in the cabinet in the kitchen before Brian was allowed to go in. I also gave Brian his gift. It was just a little something. I got him a little bottle of Jake Daniels, as that is his favorite and a shot glass with sheep all over it because that is an inside joke. He loved it. While waiting or everyone to arrive we began to play beer pong.
At around 9:30 a majority of the people were there and I needed everyone to sign the card. So, when Brian went to go to the bathroom I got the card. I was holding it up and waving it around asking who didn't sign the card. As I was doing this I was turning around and when I came to face the door Brian was standing right there. I just looked at him and stopped speaking mid word of Card and then we both just started hysterical laughing. Apparently, as I went to grab the card and ask who didn't sign it someone called Brian's name and he came back in to see what was up. Go figure! I was such a funny moment. Well, he know knew he had a card so we just passed it around and everyone singed it while he was in the kitchen. Haha
Before we left to go out Valentina and myself bought out the cake and everyone sang happy birthday! The caked looked nice lit up in the dark, but of course it was pretty terrible as the girls were very honest about it. Valentina and I both knew it was probably going to be bad so we did not take it to heart. After cake and everything, we called taxis and headed out to the club. It was called Oceana and I was there last night for the foam party. Brian didn't really care were we went out. It was a battle between Oceana and Mint. Now, Brian and I went to Mint one other night and it was quite small. I enjoyed it though cause it was my kind of music, but I could tell that Brian hated it. I knew that if we went back there tonight he would not have fun, so I told everyone we were going to goto Oceana instead. At first everyone was hesitant, but they came out anyway and had a blast. I didn't care if they liked it or not because it was Brians birthday and I knew he would like this place better than mint.

No comments: