Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Day8


First of all, let me just tell you that I thought I had a class at 9 this morning, so I got up at around 7:20am, showered, ate breakfast, and headed out around 8:30. Turns out the class doesn’t start until next week. I’m glad I got up that early when my next class doesn’t start until 12. Ugh. So, I walked around town for a while to kill some time and then I went back to my place for a bit and then back to class.
So, the mornings are usual the worst. I get up and realize that I have a full day of class basically by myself. I don’t really know anyone in the classes, so I sit by myself, take my notes, and then leave to go to my next class, but today was different. After I called my mom telling her all this, I went to my next class and made a friend. Then we got to choose groups since we have a group project and my group is really funny. We got to know each other and then after class we all had the next class together so we went down to the eating area and got something to drink and chatted until our next class started.
I’m gad I finally had people to sit with in my class because this lecture class was huge! Bigger than I have ever been in and it was very overwhelming. We got there before it got crowded so we could all sit together. This was the first and last time in this lecture because our teacher wants to go to the one at 11 before our tutorial, which figures because they were some cuties in that lecture. Oh well.
Lecture was pretty boring and I find that a lot of student talk during class and leave when they want. It was really weird because that would never go over well back home. I’m trying to learn and listen to the teacher, but all I hear are everyone else’s side conversations. I find it rude and distracting, but I guess I am going to have to focus the best I can.
My class is the class that I wanted to switch out of, Management Accounting, but I think I’m going to stay in it. Even though I hate accounting, I think it would be good to have in my background and plus it was not half bad. I kind of miss doing math.
I finished my day at five and then headed back to my flat. I always feel better towards the end of the day because I know that I will be hanging out with someone/people I know.
When I got back no one was around, which is sort of usual. Brian came over and I cooked him an omelet, finally. Lol. He approves. Haha. Then we went over to his place so he could finish watching a basketball game on the computer as I made myself a calendar. (I don’t want to spend the money on buying one, so why not do something to keep me busy)
Since I have no class tomorrow we played some beer pong with his roommates. (Those cups are not so bad to play with, but I can’t wait for the solo cups to arrive) One of his roommates has never played before, so Brian was really excited to teach/show someone how to play. We played for a bit and now we are going out to the bar! I am really excited because it is my first time actually being able to go to a bar. Plus, on every Tuesday night it is international night and pints are cheap, so we are off to the bar!

No comments: