Saturday, January 23, 2010

Day 5


Today was hard getting up because I went to bed so late, but I got ready and met Brian around 10:15 and then we took the bus to the other part of campus to meet the group we were leaving with. We meet up with some people we went out with last night and sat with them on the bus. I took a little snooze on the ride in to York. When we arrived they gave us a map of the area and let us roam free as long as we were back by the bus by 5. I had about a group of 5 people and we all walked around town and looking at the little shops and being all touristy. It was cold out though. Brian can confirm that since I didn’t have a jacket. He regretted that decision immediately. I found there to be many street performs, such as jugglers, a piano player, and an electric guitar.
We were really cold and hungry so we found a little place to eat. I was confused because I didn’t know if they came over to you or if you went over to order. Turns out you are supposed to go over and order and pay and then they bring it to you, but they waiter did come over and help us so that was nice. The food was good. I just got a sandwich. After lunch we were all ready to come back to Leeds, but we had another two and a half hours to kill. So we walked around some more and then since we were cold again we went to the brewery. We just missed the tour by like 5 minutes, so we went up stairs to the bar and warmed up a bit. I didn’t get anything lol. After that we walked a bit more and then headed back to the bus. I most certainly took a nap on the way back. Brian made fun of me yet again because I did the head bob. I’m still the one that people laugh at because they always catch me doing something silly. I am used to it because it was the same way at home. I guess some things just never change. Lol
When tonight came around Brian and myself went over to building a to hang out with some new people. I must say it is nice to be introduced to new people. We hung out there for a while. We listened to music, chatted, and even watched TV. Watching TV was really nice since I have not done that in a while other than watching youtube. After hanging out over there we went over to our friend Emily’s place and hung out over there for quite some time. I meet some more new people. I actually met one of Emily’s roommates who just arrive back from visiting anew York City and we chatted about how the city was and everything else. It was interesting to here her point of view about New York City.
After hanging out of there until now, 4:30 Brian and myself then parted from the party and went home. Tomorrow we plan to just sleep in, relax, watch TV on the computer and I am going to cook Brian an omelet since he has never had one before. I can’t believe he has never had one before.

No comments: